WANT TO MAKE $24.00/HOUR?
HIRING IMMEDIATELY FOR PART-TIME!!
The Route Driver is responsible for operating all company vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers. The driver completes paperwork and performs customer service at the Hy-Vee store level.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time and meets scheduled delivery time.
- Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines. Completing electronic device requirements, visual general vehicle inspection, fueling equipment if necessary, completing the daily VCR, reefer unit monitoring throughout the route, using a seal and or padlock when required, sending in an ETA and required load information, completing monthly safety handouts.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Operates semi-tractor and trailer in a safe and professional manner to scheduled destination.
- Utilizes electronic logging device meeting hours of service requirements set by the Department of Transportation and PDI. If electronic logging system fails, must complete paper log. Completes pre-trip and post trip inspections.
- Required to follow all DOT regulations as it pertains to hours of service, logging, and drug and alcohol testing.
- Submits daily bid for scheduled work days. Responds to dispatcher call time based on AM or PM route to select work available. Departure times may vary daily and drivers may layover on some routes.
- Performs all customer service duties at the customer location, including product placement, check-in, writes credits, temp trip requirements and return of product and paperwork to PDI.
- Responsible for contract shipments and backhauls including but not limited to: verifying product counts, monitoring proper temperature to ensure product integrity, tagging appropriate pallets, notifying dispatch of any changes or discrepancies with overages, shortages, or damaged products, and completes paperwork.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE INFORMATION:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Excellent customer relations and verbal communication skills. CDL license required; DOT certified. Must be 21 years of age. Must be able to read and write in order to complete all paperwork accurately. Work safely in all aspects of daily requirements in the truck and at the customer location complying with all DOT regulations. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications and requires sitting for extended periods of time. This is a semi-skilled position requiring constant manual and motor coordination, walking, lifting, handling, seeing, hearing, carrying, driving, pushing, and pulling.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to cold temperatures in coolers and reefer unit. Exposure to all types of weather conditions. Neat and clean appearance, PDI uniform required when driving.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High school diploma or equivalent required. Accredited truck driving school preferred. 1-2 years semi-driving experience required. Customer service and reefer experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK BELOW TO APPLY