The Warehouse Selector efficiently and accurately selects and palletizes customer orders and readies for transport
WAGES: EARN UP TO $16.00 HOUR (BASE PAY OF $14.00 HOUR) AND INCENTIVES!!! Opportunity to earn quarterly bonus!!!
Essential functions of this position are:
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Observes work breaks, and adheres to department guidelines and all company policies.
- Observes sanitation in the handling of product and reports spillage or distressed product to a supervisor. Performs general housekeeping duties as required. Must adhere to warehouse attendance policy.
- Operates powered industrial equipment, demonstrating caution and complies with safety rules and regulations in all aspects of the daily job requirements.
- Must maintain expected levels of performance in productivity and quality according to standards program
- Selects product for shipment by safely operating stand-up rider pallet jack and utilizes a voice activated unit (VAU) directing the employee to the correct pick slot. Validates selection by speaking check digit into headset of the VAU matching description and quantity..
- Builds pallets accurately and efficiently by stacking product to ensure product integrity and transport stability. Stretch wraps product on pallet, places batch label on front of stretch wrap and stages product on loading dock.
- Stages product on loading dock.
Skills and abilities required to perform job:
- Ability to read and speak English. After initial training period must be able to meet 90% of engineered standard for productivity and 100% quality. This is considered an unskilled position. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, kneeling, seeing, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant reading and matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination and manual dexterity. Must be at least 18 years of age to operate warehouse industrial equipment.
Note: For the safety of the Order Selector and his/her co-workers, the Selector must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.
- Refrigerated, freezer, and dry warehouse environmental working conditions.
- Temperatures ranging from 35° to -8°. Must adhere to work schedule working weeknights and weekends.
- Busy, noisy warehouse environment. Ambient outside temperatures in the dry warehouse..
Available Working Schedule: Two weekend days are required then build your own schedule.
- Friday: Hours are vailabale beginning any time after 9:30 a.m. (5,6,7, or 8 hour shifts)
- Saturday: Hours are available beginning any time after 9am (,5,6,7 or 8 hour shifts)
- Sunday: Hours are available beginning any time after 9am (5,6,7 or 8 hour shifts)
**Additional hours are available on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday beginning any time after 1pm (5,6,7, or 8 hour shifts)
EXTRA HOURS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE SUMMER!
Average hours per week of 12-29 hours. Year round part-time work!! Part-time hours are not guaranteed. Regular work schedule subject to change according to business needs. Part-time selectors will be scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week.
Pre-Employment Testing: A pre-employment physical, drug screen, lifting, hearing and background check are required.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer