PDI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has an immediate opportunities for full-time Diesel Technicians. The Diesel Technician performs preventative maintenance and general repairs of all company vehicles. The following partial job description explains this full-time position.
Commensurate for experience!! 3 different levels that all increase in pay!!
WAGE & SCHEDULE OPTIONS:
3rd shift: Tuesday - Friday 6:00 pm - 4:30 am (one opening)
Starts @ $20.00/hour for level 1 (includes $.50 night differential)
Starts @ $23.50/hour for level 2 (includes $.50 night differential)
Starts @ $24.50/hour for level 3 (includes $.50 night differential)
**Get $0.50 raises every 6 months with good performance until reach the top of the wage scale then receive yearly increases!!**
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Observes all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Performs heavy work exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Performs preventative maintenance on vehicle fleet including but not limited to: company cars, pick-up trucks, shag truck, refrigeration units, and semi-tractor trailers.Maintains appropriate documentation on work performed.
- Diagnoses problems and performs repairs and/or part replacement submitting documentation of work performed and associated costs.
- Conducts inspections on equipment to meet federal guidelines and documents accordingly.
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems using computer and scanners. Installs and repairs onboard computer system.
- Performs body work on vehicles involved in minor accidents.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area and performs general clean-up.
- May be called upon to respond to service calls from drivers out on the road to repair breakdowns.
- Test drives equipment assist with diagnosis of problem and to determine if problems have been corrected.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Valid CDL license required and ability to operate a semi-tractor trailer. DOT certified. Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects at one time. Able to solve practical problems with a variety of variables. Ability to perform data entry in to computer system. Ability to perform general math. Demonstrates ability to perform tractor-trailer preventative maintenance and general repairs on all equipment. Powered industrial equipment license required. Must provide own hand tools. Primary responsibilities require occasional very heavy lifting of parts and frequent medium to heavy lifting according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This is a skilled position requiring repetitive motion, manual and motor coordination, and finger dexterity, grasping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, squatting, crawling, handling, carrying, climbing, balancing, driving, sitting, moving mechanical parts, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Must be AC certified on tractors. High school education required. Technical certification or trade school degree in truck and trailer maintenance or equivalent experience preferred. Trailer refrigeration certification or equivalent experience preferred. Valid Class A CDL license required. 1 year minimum experience as a Diesel Technician or related work preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Shop conditions with exposure to vehicle exhaust fumes, diesel fuel, oil, antifreeze, dampness, vibrations, dirt, high noise levels, hazardous materials and cleaning chemicals and solvents. Exposure to moving equipment, vibrations, electrical shock. Exposure to all types of weather conditions and temperature extremes. Exposure to cold temperatures in shop and reefer unit. Neat and clean appearance, PDI uniforms required or professional attire. Occasional travel and driving vehicles.
A DOT physical, drug screen, lift test and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen and background check as part of the employment process.
- Competitive Pay Full Benefits Package
- 401K match Employee Purchase Program
- Employee Service Awards Buy/Sell Vacation Program
- Employee of the Month Employees of the Year
- Quarterly Bonus Company Activities