PDI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has immediate job opportunities for a part-time Security Officers. The Security Officer insures the safety and security of all PDI buildings and sensitive areas. The Officer observes and reports for correction of any and all safety, security and policy violations.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or great than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Monitors and documents all vehicle traffic in and out of PDI using the EasyLobby and Warehouse Management system. Identifies, welcomes and properly authorizes any visitors or traffic to ensure safeguard of our facility.
- Monitors and utilizes security software. Responds to and reports abnormalities.
- Communicates with PDI drivers to document trailer numbers, load information and departure/arrival times.
- Checks in all outside carriers properly and gives direction and unloading procedures in a professional manner.
- Patrols (on foot) the warehouse, office, truck shop, parking lot and truck lot to prevent and detect intrusion. Ensures security of doors, windows and gates.
- Communicates with the Warehouse office on incoming and outgoing traffic, verifying appointments and will calls.
- Identifies and reports safety hazards. If necessary, secure the facility to prevent damage, injuries, or loss of property or merchandise.
- Protects people, property and commodities from theft, damage or intentional harm.
- Monitors fire and security alarm systems to ensure operational use and reacts to these alarms appropriately.
- Prepares and submits detailed watch report for each shift worked.
- Checks in and instructs employees picking up employee purchase.
- Answers telephones and assists callers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have strong attention to detail and ability to solve practical problems. Must have the ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording. Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information. This is considered a skilled position requiring significant judgment. This is considered medium work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being light in nature. Frequent to constant listening, talking, hearing, walking, standing, handling, seeing, bending, lifting of product, dealing with and influencing people.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Guard shack with exposure to all types of outdoor weather conditions. Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions. Temperatures ranging from 35° to -8°. Busy, noisy warehouse environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High school diploma or GED required. One to three years of military-police, law enforcement or similar work related experience preferred. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check annually. Must have no restrictions preventing the carry and use of fire arms. Must be able to be trained and certified in CPR and AED use.
1st shift - Saturday & Sunday 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
2nd shift - Saturday & Sunday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
3rd shift - Saturday & Sunday 10:00 pm - 6:00 am
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
A pre-employment lift test, physical, drug screen and MVR/background check are required.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
Competitive Pay//Quarterly Bonus
401K match//Employee Purchase Program
Company Activities//Employee of the Month & Year