PDI has an opportunity this summer for an Environmental Sustainability Intern position working Monday through Friday 40 hours per week. The following partial job description explains this position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Works with Director on zero waste initiative.
- Researches environmental sustainability industry news, regulations, best practices, and waste diversion opportunities.
- Provides support in the zero waste programs. Tasks include preparing training materials and communications to be used in announcements or updates in the weekly newsletter and around PDI building.
- Assists with waste and recycling audits and updating records.
- Assist with monthly reporting structure and improvements for zero waste.
- Potential for additional sustainability work such as rain water harvesting feasibility study, aerobic digesters research, green cleaning chemical research and assist with tree replacement plan for campus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines, deal with interruptions, and problem solving skills. Basic computer skills, Microsoft office, 10 key, administrative skills. Administrative, organizational, attention to detail and follow through ability. Must possess excellent verbal communication, phone etiquette, and interpersonal skills and customer relations abilities. This is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being sedentary in nature. Frequent handling, grasping, pinching, full reaching motions occur, listening, talking, hearing, fingering of paper, files and use of computer requiring finger dexterity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Qualifications include working toward, or recently acquired, a degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Supply Chain, business etc. with an interest in Zero Waste, Waste Management or Sustainability in Business.
For this position, we also require you to send or attach your resume along with a cover letter, and official or unofficial transcript to your application. If you have questions about the position, please contact Megan Wetrich at (515) 965-6311, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention in your cover letter or resume the date you will be ready to enter the work force upon graduation.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.