PDI has an immediate opening for a part-time Transportation Clerk. The part-time Transportation Clerk utilizes administrative, operational knowledge and customer service skills to provide support to the department.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Responsible for adherence to the company or department attendance policy.
- Performs clerical functions including but not limited to: filing, copying, posting, spreadsheet, data entry, assembling and distributing paperwork, answering busy phones.
- Sorts and segregates all paperwork returned by PDI drivers each night and distributes to the proper areas of the office.
- Contacts vendors to obtain proof of delivery information.Copies invoices for processing.
- Schedules and coordinates both pick-up and delivery appointments for backhaul, and contract freight orders.Enters times, release numbers and all other pertinent scheduling information into Prospero system.Maintains customer scheduling information in Prospero including entering and updating hours of business, appointment requirements, and time preferences.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job: Good verbal communication, phone, and interpersonal skills. Strong administrative and office clerical skills, organizational, good math skills, attention to detail and follow through, prioritization and multi-tasking capability. Good computer skills with adaptability to multiple systems, spreadsheet, and data entry computer skills. Strong customer service skill with phone etiquette. Understanding of transportation logistics is a plus. This job is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with the primary functions of the job being sedentary in nature. This is considered a semi-skilled position. Frequent to constant handling, grasping, pinching, full reaching motions occur, constant listening, talking or hearing.
Working conditions: Office (climate controlled), casual office attire. May be required to go across warehouse dock to warehouse office while encountering cold temperatures (35°) and warehouse conditions.
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Perform Job: High school education or equivalent required. 1 year administrative office experience preferred.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm -- 24 hours/week
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
Anyone meeting the qualifications can visit with Jordyn at 515-965-6326 for more information.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.