PDI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, is accepting applications for full-time Warehouse Generalists 3rd shift, however we do not have current open positions at this time. The Warehouse Generalist is responsible for product life cycle and product maintenance from receiving to shipping through utilization of standard warehousing and customer service practices.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force ocasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Observes work breaks, and adheres to department attendance guidelines and all company policies.
- Observes sanitation in the handling of product and reports spillage or distressed product to a supervisor. Performs general housekeeping duties as required.
- Operates powered industrial equipment, demonstrating caution and complies with safety rules and regulations in all aspects of the daily job requirements..
- Must maintain expected levels of performance in productivity and quality according to Standards Program.
- Selects product for shipment by safely operating stand-up rider pallet jack and utilizes a voice activated unit (VAU) directing to the employee to the correct pick slot. Validates selection by speaking check digit into headset of the VAU matching description and quantity.
- Builds pallets accurately and efficiently by stacking product to ensure product integrity and transport stability. Stretch wraps product on pallet, places batch label on front of stretch wrap and stages product on loading dock.
- Operates a forklift and utilizes RF Unit for product stock rotation according to expiration date and replenishment of empty slots.
- Accurately and efficiently receives incoming loads. Unloads truck, breaks down of pallets, tag with slot code, and delivers product to appropriate destination. Verifies product received with supplier invoice for accuracy and completes proper receiving paperwork. Unloads pallets and puts in proper storage locations. Performs temperature monitoring for incoming product and follows temperature guidelines.
- Accurately loads staged product into trailer according to router comments. Addresses any problems with pallets to prevent damage and spills. Works with dispatch on decisions pertaining to splitting loads, add-ons, and combining pallets.
Skills and abilities required to perform job: Industrial forklift and pallet jack license required. Ability to read and speak English. General knowledge of standard warehousing procedures and training in: RF loading, receiving, stock rotation, and stock replenishment preferred. Ability to perform at 100% of engineered standard for selecting orders. This position is considered a semi-skilled position. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, kneeling, seeing, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant reading and matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination, and manual dexterity. Note: For the safety of the Order Selector and his/her co-workers, the Selector must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.
Working conditions: Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions. Temperatures ranging from 35º to -8º. Must adhere to work schedule working week nights and weekends. Busy, noisy warehouse environment. Ambient outside temperatures in the dry warehouse.
Minimum education and experience required to perform job: High school eduation or equivalent preferred. Minimum of 1-year previous warehouse experience preferred. Ability to perform at 100% of engineered standard.
Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 7:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. (Premium pay of $1.50/hr. 3rd shift)
A physical, drug screen, lifting test, hearing test and background check are required. EOE
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
Competitive Pay. Full Benefits Package. Quarterly Bonus
401K match. Employee Purchase Program. Company Activities
Employee Service Awards. Buy/Sell Vacation Program. Employee of the Month/Year