PDI has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Human Resources Assistant. The following partial job description explains this full-time position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Responsible for adherence to the company policies and/or department attendance policy.
- Performs general receptionist duties for the department including: assisting applicants, answering questions, answering busy telephones, taking messages, and assisting with general requests.
- Performs general administrative duties for the HR department including but not limited to: sympathy letters, organizational chart, HR forms, updates on company website pictures and forms, assimilate orientation and benefit packets, distributes PDI company store merchandise, and correspondence.Opens and distributes department mail daily.
- Assists with processing applicants through the employment process including conducting prescreens, checking references, performing background checks, pre-employment physicals, administer new hire paperwork, sending welcome letter, and coordinating onboarding.May conduct initial screening interviews.
- Maintains employee files and documentation ensuring they are orderly and up-to-date.Transfers old files into new filing system.Handles highly confidential information to company standards.
- Gathers information, compiles, and writes weekly INSIDER newsletter. Creates monthly birthday calendar, employee promotional bulletins, and other attachments for the newsletter,
- Maintains TV monitors with employee information and updates weekly.
- Assists with set up and preparation for weekly orientation.Conducts orientation meeting as needed.
- Tracks CDL expirations for drivers and produces monthly report.Contacts drivers to obtain updated license before it expires.Updates DOT files with copy of new license.
- Coordinates the Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year programs including, planning, communication and preparation.
- Divides weekly paychecks and savings certificates into departments and distributes.
- Maintains company bulletin boards and updates weekly.
- Assists with processing and distributing new employee 30 day follow-up reviews and termination paperwork according the checklist.
- Performs scanning of new hire documents and terminated employee files into imaging system.
- Coordinates employee pictures and creates security badges.Sets up new employees into the security system.
- Responsible for administering Shoes for Crews program.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet, good word processing, grammar, punctuation, and writing skills. Good administrative and organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail. Must be able to multitask and handle interruptions with ease. Constant handling of highly confidential information and documentation with discretion. Good verbal communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills presenting a positive representation of PDI to in and outside contacts. This job is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with the primary functions of the job being sedentary in nature. This is considered a semi-skilled position. Frequent to constant handling, grasping, pinching, full reaching motions occur, constant listening, talking or hearing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office (climate controlled). May be required to go across warehouse dock to warehouse office encountering cold temperatures (35°) and warehouse conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education or equivalent required. 3 years administrative experience preferred. Proven computer skills and experience. Human Resources experience preferred.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
Anyone meeting the qualifications can visit with Jordyn at 515-965-6326 for more information.