PDI, a subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has immediately opportunities for full-time Route Drivers - Weekend Floater. The Route Driver is responsible for operating all company vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner to ensure prompt delivery of product to customers. The driver completes paperwork and performs customer service at the store level. Wages are $24.00/hour. The following partial job description explains this full-time position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time and meets scheduled delivery time as set by customer.
- Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines. Completing electronic device requirements, visual general vehicle inspection, fueling equipment if necessary, completing the daily VCR, reefer unit monitoring throughout the route, using a seal and or padlock when required, sending in an ETA and required load information, completing monthly safety handouts.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Operates semi-tractor and trailer in a safe and professional manner to scheduled destination.
- Utilizes electronic logging device meeting hours of service requirements set by the Department of Transportation and PDI. If electronic logging system fails, must complete paper log. Completes pre-trip and post trip inspections.
- Performs all customer service duties at the customer location, including product placement, check-in, writes credits, temp trip requirements and return of product and paperwork to PDI.
- Responsible for contract shipments and backhauls including but not limited to: verifying product counts, monitoring proper temperature to ensure product integrity, tagging appropriate pallets, notifying dispatch of any changes or discrepancies with overages, shortages, or damaged products, and completes paperwork.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job: Excellent customer relations and verbal communication skills. CDL license required; DOT certified. Must be 21 years of age. Must be able to read and write in order to complete all paperwork accurately. Work safely in all aspects of daily requirements in the truck and at the customer location complying with all DOT regulations. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications and requires sitting for extended periods of time. This is a semi-skilled position requiring constant manual and motor coordination, walking, lifting, handling, seeing, hearing, carrying, driving, pushing, and pulling.
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Perform Job: High school diploma or equivalent required. Accredited truck driving school preferred. 1-2 years semi-driving experience required. Customer service and reefer experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Exposure to cold temperatures in coolers and reefer unit. Exposure to all types of weather conditions. Neat and clean appearance, PDI uniforms required. Flexible schedule of hours.
Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday - leave between 11:00 pm and 5:00 am
A pre-employment lift test, DOT physical and drug screen and background/MVR check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
- Competitive Pay Full Benefits Package
- 401K match Employee Purchase Program
- Employee Service Awards Buy/Sell Vacation Program
- Employee of the Month Employees of the Year
- Quarterly Bonus Company Activities