PDI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has immediate opening for a full-time Truck Shop Night Supervisor. The Truck Shop Night Supervisor performs preventative maintenance and general repairs of all company vehicles. In addition, the Truck Shop Night Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the workflow and delegating work.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 6:00 pm - 2:30 am
WAGE: $26.50/hour (includes $0.05 night differential)
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Observes and enforces safety and sanitation rules, regulations and company complies to ensure they are practiced at all times.
- Creates a positive work atmosphere for all employees under supervision.Manages and directs assigned staff.Performs subordinate development through supervision, goal setting, performance reviews, disciplinary action and training.
- Monitors workflow through the shift. Delegates and corrects daily work of the diesel technicians to ensure service and repairs meet DOT inspection standards and PDI company standards. Prepares final report of shift activity and assignments for Truck Shop Manager to review.
- Performs preventative maintenance on vehicle fleet including but not limited to: company cars, pick-up trucks, shag truck, refrigeration units, and semi-tractor trailers. Maintains appropriate documentation on work performed.
- Diagnoses problems and preforms repairs and/or part replacement submitting documentation of work performed and associated costs.
- Conducts inspections on equipment to meet federal guidelines and documents accordingly.
- Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems using computer and scanners. Installs and repairs onboard computer system.
- Performs heavy work exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Handles problems, complaints and requests that come in to the shop. Researches problems, addressees concerns, and communicates with technicians, drivers, warehouse supervisors and Truck Shop Manager regarding operational issues.
- Performs body work on vehicles involved in minor accidents.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area and performs general clean up.
- May be called upon to respond to service calls from drivers out on the road to repair breakdowns.
- Test drives equipment, assists with diagnosis of problem and determines if problems have been corrected.
- Maintains daily record of employees off work and scheduled vacations. Ensures each technician receives 40 hours per week and complies with attendance policy.
- Attends department and company meetings. Conducts shift meetings as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Demonstrates leadership and good communication skills to ensure a positive working environment. Ability to make decisions and meet deadlines, work on multiple projects at one time. Uses good judgment, problem solving skills, organizational, and follow through. Valid CDL license required and ability to operate a semi-tractor trailer. DOT certified. Ability to perform data entry in to computer system. Ability to perform general math. Powered industrial equipment license required. Primary responsibilities require occasional very heavy lifting of parts and frequent medium to heavy lifting according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This is a skilled position requiring repetitive motion, manual and motor coordination, and finger dexterity, grasping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, squatting, crawling, handling, carrying, climbing, balancing, driving, sitting, moving mechanical parts, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education required. Technical certification or trade school degree in truck and trailer maintenance or equivalent experience preferred. Trailer refrigeration certification or equivalent experience preferred. Valid Class A CDL license required. 3 years of diesel technician experience or related work required. 2 years of Supervisory experience preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
A pre-employment physical, drug screen, lifting and background check and MVR are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Weekly - Every Wednesday
- Full Benefits Package
- Quarterly Bonus
- 401K match
- Buy/Sell Vacation Program
- 24/7 on-site fitness center
If you have any questions, please contact Jordyn at 515-965-6326