The Warehouse Selector efficiently and accurately selects and palletizes customer orders and readies for transport
The essential functions of this position are:
- Must be able to maintain the physical requirements of the job requiring lifting from 0 to 85 pounds
- Observes all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Must adhere to warehouse attendance policy.
- Selects product for shipment utilizing a voice activated unit (VAU) to direct to pick slot. Validates selection by speaking check digit into headset of the VAU matching description and quantity.
- Must maintain expected levels of performance in productivity and quality according to standards program.
- Accurately and efficiently builds pallet by stacking product to ensure product integrity and transport stability.
- Safely operates stand-up rider pallet jack to select customer orders, stretch wraps product on pallet, and places batch label on front of stretch wrap.
- Stages product on loading dock.
Skills and abilities required to perform job:
- Ability to read and speak English. General knowledge of standard warehousing procedures, but will train. This is an unskilled position, which is considered medium to heavy lifting in nature. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, kneeling, seeing, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant reading and matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination and manual dexterity. Must be at least 18 years of age to operate warehouse industrial equipment.
Note: For the safety of the Order Selector and his/her co-workers, the Selector must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.
- Refrigerated, freezer, and dry warehouse environmental working conditions.
- Temperatures ranging from 35° to -8°.
- Busy, noisy warehouse environment. Ambient outside temperatures in the dry warehouse.
- Starting wage $12.00per hour.
AVAILABLE SCHEDULES: Flexible afternoons,nights and weekends. Must work both Friday and Sunday a minimum of 12 hours. Friday: hours avail. after 1pm (5,6, 7 or 8 hour shifts). Sunday. hours available after 9am (5,6 7,or 8 hour shifts). Additional hours available on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday after 1pm (5, 6, 7, or 8 hour shifts). Average hour per week 12-29 hours. Flexible schedules. Year round part-time work!!
Part-time hours are not guaranteed. Regular work schedule subject to change according to business needs. Part-time selectors will be scheduled to work less than 30 hours per week.
A physical, drug screen, lifting, hearing and background check are required.
PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.