PDI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has an immediate opening for a full-time Meat Sales Merchandiser. The Meat Sales Merchandiser utilizes excellent sales, customer service and marketing skills in daily contact with customers, buyers, and suppliers to maximize sales volume at PDI and at the retail level. This is a benefited salaried position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Responsible for spending allowance with designated products and determines how money is used to generate sales with the business objective to reach annual corporate sales goals.
- Responsible for sales goal projections for designated areas and develops promotional initiatives to meet projections. Maintains, coordinates and communicates Click-N-Send deals to the stores.
- Plans advertisements, promotional information and writes ads for Hy-Vee stores, Hy-Vee Supervisors, and Ad Coordinators.
- Meets with vendors to seek out extra deals for customers, taking into account advertisements and product seasonality.
- Meets with Purchasing Specialists to research availability of product, analyzes market conditions, seasonal factors, and consumer preferences and prices.
- Works with sales department to sell short code and over stock items.
- Communicates new items and product availability to sales department and customers via email system and online Direct Store Connect.
- Meets weekly with buyers to discuss ad offerings, Web buys, promotions, holiday items, and other special product demands to set a plan to reach our sales goal.
- Presents suggestions in weekly ad meetings with VP of Meat Operations at Hy-Vee.
- Proofs and makes changes in Ad System.
- Informs Sales and Purchasing departments on sales goal initiatives comparing year ago promotions to current year to achieve desired results.
- Offers customer service through researching customer questions and concerns, addressing problems, and follows up with customer in a timely manner.
- Provides outside sales consultants with information on customers regarding ads, customer needs, and pre-orders and outside purchases.
- Attends area meetings for assigned product area, Hy-Vee supervisor meetings, PDI quarterly management committee meeting, and weekly sales and purchasing meeting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Must be able to handle interruptions with ease. Excellent written and verbal communication, telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills presenting a positive representation of PDI to inside and outside contacts. Proven ability to plan and coordinate projects, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines. Good computer and data entry skills, organization, planning, attention to detail, follow through skills and administrative abilities. Extensive product knowledge. Good purchasing, pricing, market knowledge, and inventory control. Advanced math skills and ability to work accurately with figures. Good knowledge of market trends, industry and quality control. This is considered a skilled position. This position is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with the primary functions being sedentary in nature. Frequent to constant listening, talking, fingering, and handling of papers, files, and use of computer requiring finger dexterity.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment (climate controlled). Busy atmosphere with constant interruptions. Occasionally required to monitor inventory in warehouse, encountering cold temperatures ranging from 35° - 8°.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: High school graduate or equivalent required. Associate degree in related area preferred. 2 years retail grocery experience preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen and background check as part of the employment process.
Anyone meeting the qualifications can visit with Leigh at 515-965-6327 for more information.