PDI has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for producing accurate and timely financial reports and assists with monthly financial statement preparation. Also responsible for managing the Inventory Control Department personnel and the accuracy of physical inventory. This position is a full-time salaried position. The following is a partial job description.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Develops and implements proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Manages Inventory Control Department and is responsible for accuracy of physical inventory.
- Manages assigned staff including: schedules, attendance, work assignments, problem solving, disciplinary action, and performance evaluations.Responsible for monitoring workflow to ensure performance meets company standards, and making recommendations to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Works with management in monthly financial cut-off, preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliation and financial analysis worksheets.Responsible for distribution of confidential month-end financial reports to PDI management.
- Responsible for proper classification of assets for GAAP and tax depreciation.
- Manages accounting of the marketing funds including weekly balancing, month end accrual estimates and quarterly clearing.
- Responsible for Gross Profit Analysis, including but not limited to analysis of vendor adjustment and allowance accounts, as well as reporting to PDI management.
- Responsible for bank deposits and reconciliation of bank statements to general ledger and cash journals.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly balancing of Temporary Allowance (TA) account.
- Responsible for processing ad fees, allowance payments and related vendor deductions.Work with Hy-Vee advertising and PDI buyers to settle advertising account balances.
- Manages timely payments and reconciliation of Topco payables.Works with buyers to resolve Topco pending write-off issues.
- Prepares miscellaneous management reports and correspondence.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Excellent Microsoft Excel, computer and 10 key skills. Excellent math ability and understanding of accounting principles and procedures. Good problem solving, attention to detail and follow through skills. Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines, and deal with interruptions. Good administration, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to communicate verbally and in written form, give clear direction and set expectations. Demonstrates phone etiquette in communication. Good supervisory and leadership abilities. Frequent handling of confidential information and documentation. This is considered sedentary to light in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being sedentary in nature. Frequent handling, grasping, pinching, full reaching motions occur, listening, talking, hearing, fingering of paper, files and use of computer requiring finger dexterity.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office (climate controlled), casual office attire. May be required to go across warehouse dock to warehouse office while encountering cold temperatures (35º) and warehouse conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRE TO PERFORM JOB: High school diploma, 4 year accounting degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years accounting experience in retail and or distribution environment preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid weekly - every Wednesday!
- Full Benefits Package
- Quarterly Bonuses!
- Causal Work attire!
- 401K match
- Employee Purchase Program
- Company Activities
Anyone meeting the qualifications can visit with Jordyn at 515-965-6326 for more information.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete an online application at www.contactpdi.com!