The Skilled Refrigeration Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance on process equipment and support systems for standard refrigeration systems, as well as installation of new equipment. Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories. Responsible for repairs on industrial compressors, pumps, motors, valves and campus wide fire systems. Performs general repairs on all building and material handling equipment. The following partial job description explains this full-time position.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Performs service and repair on building facility. Must be able to perform the physical requirements exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance on Ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems for PDI campus.
- Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industrial compressors, boilers, pumps, motors, valves, and campus wide security and fire systems.
- Performs all in-house electrical repairs and updating of current building facilities. Maintains lighting, plumbing,, water softeners, racking, and truck wash facility.
- Responsible for safely performing skilled maintenance duties such as bollard and steelwork, spring replacement and masonry. Performs preventative maintenance and general repairs on all building and equipment as assigned.
- Assists with new and existing building construction working with general contractor as needed.
- Provides on-call support to maintenance department as needed.
- Performs service and repair of material handling equipment as needed.
- Serves as member of the HAZMAT Team.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Must provide own hand tools. $250 Annual Tool Allowance provided by PDI. PDI will provide uniforms coat, power tools, electric and diagnostic instruments, refrigeration tools and equipment, oxy-acetylene torch, general cleaning supplies and utensils, hard hat, safety glasses with adequate side coverage, goggles, face shield, leather gloves, vinyl, rubber or butyl gloves, foam ear plugs. Hazmat Team equipment, SCBA, Level A suit, and respirator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Excellent knowledge in HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration, heating and cooling, air compressors, pumps, motors, valves and components related to the refrigeration unit and air conditioning systems. Good understanding of OSHA regulations and procedures, federal, state, and city building codes. Knowledge of P.M. and equipment pricing. General computer knowledge. Powered industrial equipment license required. Must be knowledgeable of hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Must have experience with industrial walk-in coolers and freezers. Fully qualified journey-person level. This is considered heavy work according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. This is a skilled position requiring manual, motor, and finger dexterity, standing, bending, stooping, handling, carrying, driving, pushing, pulling, moving mechanical parts, and visual acuity.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education or equivalent preferred. Trade school/vocational schooling in related area preferred. PLC certification, HAZMAT/EPA certification and experience preferred. Universal HVAC license, Ammonia Certification or equivalent experience preferred. Licensing or certification in one or more building trades preferred. 2-3 years direct related experience required.
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
- 1st shift:
- Saturday-Wednesday 7am-3pm
- 2nd shift:
- Tuesday-Saturday 3pm-11pm
- 3rd shift:
- Tuesday-Saturday 11pm-7am ($1.50 night premium)
A pre-employment background check, lift test, physical and drug screen are required. PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen as part of the employment process.
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits Package
- Quarterly Bonus
- 401K match
- Employee Purchase Program
- Company Activities
- Employee Service Awards
- Buy/Sell Vacation Program
- Employee of the Month & Year
If you have any questions, please contact Jordyn at 515-965-6326