PDI has a full-time Computer Operator position available. The Computer Operator performs operational duties and is responsible for operating the help desk.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Adheres to company policies and departmental guidelines.
- Observes all ergonomic recommendations for assigned work area and utilizes the tools and training provided to promote a safe work environment.
- Acts as computer operator on the AS/400 computer system. This includes but is not limited to: processing daily, weekly, and monthly cycle runs, responding to operator messages, controlling the spool file, operating printers and tape drives, and performing file saves.
- Responsible for scanning documents into imaging system.
- Maintains open communication with Customer Service, Dispatch and Warehouse Clerks.
- Responsible for operating the computer help desk, including PC and AS/400 help requests, assisting with user errors, resetting passwords and contacting programmers when needed.
- Responsible for handling problems taken to the help desk and ensures that the problem comes to a resolution.
- Monitors computer system and, if needed, communicates with programming or tech support on problems.
- Reviews printer output based on defined schedules and delivers output as needed.
- Performs the complete order processing cycle from processing orders, updating tickets, invoicing, combining and delivering paperwork to the drivers.
- Backs up Customer Service on the weekends by answering phone calls, helping stores with add-ons, will calls and route inquiries.
- Operates and backs up special application file servers.
- Performs cleaning functions on all hardware to keep in good working order.
- Responsible for delivering and replenishing tape library.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURIED TO PERFORM JOB: Ability to process, prioritize and organize tasks in chronological order with interruptions. Ability to multi-task. Good 10 key and data entry skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Good reading skills with special attention to detail. Understanding of order processing procedures preferred Ability to meet deadlines and handle interruptions with ease. Basic math skills and ability to operate computer system and printers. This is a semi-skilled position which is considered sedentary to light according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications with primary functions being sedentary in nature. Frequent to constant grasping, pinching, full reaching motions, listening, talking, and hearing. Frequent handling of papers, files, and use of computer and adding machine requiring finger dexterity.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office (climate controlled). Computer room (climate controlled). May be required to occasionally go across warehouse dock while encountering cold temperatures (35º) and warehouse conditions. May occasionally require staying late until end of shift and all trucks are out
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school education or equivalent required. 6 months – 1 year previous 10 key, office, customer service, or commensurate experience preferred. Previous computer operator experience preferred.
HOURS: Sunday 1:00 pm-11:30 pm, Monday 12:00 pm-10:30 pm, Tuesday 1:00 pm-11:30 pm, Wednesday 1:00 pm-11:30 pm
Important Disclaimer Notice: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. PDI reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. EOE.
PDI is a drug-free workplace and therefore prohibits the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substance other than an authorized prescription drug on company property. PDI conducts post offer drug screen and background check as part of the employment process.